Friday, July 6, 2007

POEM

WHY DEMOCRACY?

I don’t have a mother,
I don’t have a father
Neither a sister nor a brother
What about a family?
That is for a thinker to think
A family and fairytale,
Is there a difference to me?
But
Why Democracy?

A sinner, I’m not
Wrong, I do not
What wrong have I done to you?
Why are you taking my parents, family and friends
Away from me?
My childhood, I `ve lost
I’ve missed an opportunity to study
Kodwa
Why democracy?

In your name people are imprisoned, tortured, humiliated and
Killed!!
In your presence corruption is the order of the day
In your society just suffer from translucent injustices
Inequality and exploitation have become your best allies
E`mpa
Why Democracy?

Are you not supposed to be a panacea
To all our social ills?
Are you not supposed to be a watchman
Of universal human rights?
Are you not supposed to bring and safeguard
A conflict free and harmonious world order
Where peace is the order of the day?
Are you doing your intended job?
Maar
Why Democracy?

(by Thembani)

Digg!

0 comments: