Thursday, October 11, 2007

DH getting emptier, quieter and colder

The week I arrived at the Democracy House there was plenty of movement, working and talking.

But early yesterday morning the house got emptier, quieter and colder. Amy, our super-polite, beloved friend is now in Rwanda, where she is going to spend a week and then go back home. Amy was the first of our group (the second DH crew) to leave the house.

In spite of our hectic weeks of work and due to living 24/7 together, everyone here became a family in every sense: we shared our activities, helped each other with homesickness, fought for the organisation of the place (yes, we had all the problems a family has as well).

We lose a part of the family when one of our friends leaves us. It is going to happen to all of us. The next to leave the house is Salla on the 16th, and then me on the 17th, Siyi on the 18th.

John stays till the end of the month and so does Charlotte. Yudhvir won't leave so soon because ... well, he lives here in Cape Town!

The team has made a deal to come back in 2010 for the World Cup! Hope everyone keeps their word and makes it back. I'll do my best to meet all of these guys again!

But work goes on and the Democracy House is not completely empty - yet.

/Erick

Digg!

3 comments:

Jarod@Oxford said...

Well done!
And Siyi, take care. I'll meet you in China, or somewhere around the world.
Btw, I do like these documentaries!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Making Money with Flash games said...

Very interesting site, very great information can be obtained at this site, I will be your frequent visitor. I want to thank the administration for such an interesting site.