Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monday – the official braaing day in South-Africa: Vote Amy as the president of the world!

While most South Africans spent this monday home braaing, we democrats are glad to return to our computers getting ready for the big event approaching.

Since the Internet didn´t work in the house we invaded the Steps office and sat safely inside tapping our computers while the strong wind shook the trees outside.

This conversation begin when Amy kicked my leg under the table:

”Amy you´re kicking me”, I said.

”Yes, but I´m the president of the world”, she replied.

”Then I have a wish list for you”, I said.

”Okay, I´ll see it, but first things first. The very next thing for me to do -- after making all human beings equal in accessing chances and resources -- is to resolve the environmental issues”, she replied.

I asked Amy if she could choose only either one of these two missions to be accomplished what she would choose:

”What´s the point of preserving nature for humankind, if the people most in need will not gain the benefit of all the efforts in the end!”, she replied the way that made me very convinced about her priorities.

If she's selected some day as the president of the world I hope she also includes my wish in her agenda too: ”Preserve the diversity”.

/Salla

Digg!

0 comments: